- Reviews and books all loan including consumer, commercial, participation and SBA loan documentation packages in the bank’s systems.
- Performs quality control review of loan requests and packages, ensuring accuracy and completeness of credit and pre-closing documentation prior to loan documentation.
- Reviews entity documents to verify business structure and identify authorized signers. Utilize all systems in place to clear loan files to be processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Notifies Loan Officers of pending items needed to process file according to established policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines; Daily loan General Ledger balancing, as assigned.
- Communicates with outside vendors, not limited to Settlement/Title Companies, Insurance Companies, Attorneys, and County recorder of deed offices.
- Posts payments, draws, and principal reductions for current loan customers.
- Processes loan billing notices and statements; Processes loan payoffs.
- Prepares Credit Memos for appropriate loan approval with the assistance of Bank’s Credit Analysts.
- Maintains reasonable knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering policies and regulatory requirements specific to bank lending.
- High School Diploma or GED required; College degree or certification in related discipline desired.
- 3-5 years of experience in loan documentation preparation preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of legal and regulatory requirements for bank documentation.
- Outstanding organizational, prioritizing, and multitasking abilities.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to maintain confidentiality and address time sensitive issues quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills to represent the Bank in a positive way when dealing with customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; prior knowledge of banking software including LaserPro and FISERVE is a plus!