- The Outreach Department of Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta is looking for part-time Outreach Program Facilitators to conduct interactive programs with elementary, middle and high school-aged girls in schools. Some of our programs address a variety of contemporary issues facing teen and pre-teen girls such as peer pressure, self-esteem, health and fitness, conflict resolution, bullying, diversity, healthy relationships, financial literacy, etc. Under the direction of the Outreach Manager and Outreach Support Specialist you will coordinate troop-related activities, develop and execute a plan of action for series/programs and/or troop meetings, and engage youth in Girl Scout programming to assist in the retention of Girl Scout participants. The Outreach Program Facilitator position will serve in (Floyd, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett and Whitfield Counties).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement program activities in accordance with the GSUSA National Program Portfolio.
- Directly administers programming for girls at assigned sites throughout one of the areas served by Outreach.
- Communicate with parents and keep them informed on troop needs, changes or accomplishments.
- Ensures required paperwork is completed by girls, families, and/or site staff. To include: Girl Scout registration form, outcomes surveys, and reporting documents.
- Maintain accurate program records of achievements, updated participant attendance rosters and all other required records.
- Keep inventory and be responsible for all borrowed program-related supplies and materials.
- Keep any Outreach Program-related school storage areas clean and organized.
- Support efforts for program sustainability. Participate in annual product program and all other Girl Scout of Greater Atlanta Program fundraisers and events as assigned. Assure that all monies collected on behalf of the council are returned on time.
- Ensure the girls have FUN!
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Dependable, enthusiastic, and energetic.
- Competent in making presentations to large groups of girls in a variety of school settings.
- Ability to design, plan and implement program activities (programs are based on the GSUSA National Program Portfolio).
- Be a positive role model for young people.
- Organized, reliable, punctual and adaptable.
- Prior experience working/volunteering with youth preferred.
- Prior Girl Scout experience helpful, but not required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English applicants preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to complete and clear a MVR & Criminal Background check.
- Must be available between 2:00 - 6:00 p.m